- Altitude: range up to 29,500 ft / 9,000m - resolution 10ft / 5m
- Measures vertical speed
- Altitude alarm
- Logbook: stores total ascent/descent, average ascent/descent rate, number of runs skied, duration of log
- Logbook capacity 8 kB, recording intervals 20s, 1min, 10min and 60min, with respective times 10h, 12h, 7 days and 10 days
- Vertical difference measurement: zeroing of the altimeter for following vertical progress between stages
- Automatic 24h altitude memory
- Temperature compensation.
- Sea level pressure: 27.25 to 31.90 inHg / 921 to 080 mbar
- Absolute pressure: 8.90 to 30 inHg / 300 to 1100 mbar
- Pressure difference: allows zeroing of the barometer for following e.g. overnight changes in barometric pressure and temperature
- Barometric trend indicator
- 4-day barometric memory: stores pressure information in one hour intervals for the last six hours, then in six hour intervals
- Temperature: -20 to +60 C / -5 to +140 F
- Cardinal bearing: Shows bearing in degrees and cardinal or half-cardinal point
- North-South arrow
- Bearing tracking: displays locked bearing, actual bearing and difference between these declination adjustment
- Declination setting
- Countdown timer
- Three daily alarms
- Water resistant: To 30 m (100 ft)
The new Suunto Vector HR is a tool for top performance, whether you are already on the mountain or training to get there. It combines an altimeter, barometer, compass and now also the heart rate monitor. All are the features of sophisticated sports watch with the information one need to make responsible decisions in the great, vertical outdoors.
It's not just the external conditions that matter when one is climbing: what's going on inside the body can make the difference between a great adventure and a miserable ordeal. Suunto Vector HR's zone alarms let the climber know when the heart rate is climbing faster than the climber is- or when the training regimen is too easy. Training for a climb with the HR monitor gives an objective measure of exertion, whether doing a long, steady hike, or short intervals of intense bursts of energy in the gym.
The Suunto Vector HR comes with the Comfort Belt, which is pleasantly soft, yet it fits well, thanks to the silicone bands inside the belt. The thin length-adjustment buckles minimize the risk of friction and abrasions, allowing one to train with minimal interruption.
The Suunto Vector HR's altimeter features a range up to 9,000 m / 29,500 ft, putting all 14 of the world's 8,000+ meter summits within the reach. It also measures the vertical speed and works with the HR monitor so one can see the physiological impact of both altitude and vertical rate of movement. The barometer function helps the hiker stay one step ahead of the storm by reading the weather trend on the display and interpreting changes in the barometric pressure.
The electronic compass, with bubble level, gives accurate readings with 3 degree precision. The compass can be set to track a certain bearing, and graphically show the difference between that and the actual bearing. This is a valuable tool, which together with the declination adjustment function helps the hiker to get on track after minor or major detours.
Brand Suunto Video N/D