- SuperFlow® 350 Regulator - This all metal, fully adjustable, Commercial Rated™ demand regulator provides easy breathing and excellent performance with low pressure compressors.
- Air Train - The air train diffuses incoming breathing air/gas onto the face port/lens to defog and ventilate.
- Defogging Steady Flow Valve - Provides an additional flow of gas into the helmet for ventilation and defogging.
- Emergency (EGS) Valve - Supplies backup breathing gas to the diver.
- Fiberglass and Carbon Fiber Reinforced Shell - Kirby Morgan® has over 50 years experience in composite laminations. The helmet shell is hand laid up glass fiber reinforced thermal setting polyester (fiberglass) with carbon fiber reinforcement at key points for added durability. It is light and highly impact resistant, and provides a heat/cold barrier as well as being an excellent electrical nonconductor.
- Gas Supply Non-Return Valve - Commercial Rated™, It prevents loss of gas pressure in the event of umbilical damage.
- Nose Block Device - Allows the diver to block the nose to equalize ears.
- Rapid Change Modular Communications Systems - Because the module is easily removed the helmet, repair or replacement of communications parts is quick and trouble free. It is available with either a male waterproof connector or a bare wire post connection.
- Side Block - Multi use side block has additional ports built in to provide controlled air flow, if needed.
- Silicone Oral Nasal Mask - Made of a superior silicone material which is hypo-allergenic and has a longer work life than latex.
- Top Handle - Handle can be removed without breaking seals, making it quick and easy to attach accessories.
- Whisker Wings - Bubble deflecting Whisker wings keep bubbles further from face port and ears, improving visibility and decreasing internal noise.
- Head Cushion - Gives the commercial dive helmet a secure, well balanced feel as well as excellent thermal protection during long work periods.
- Port Weight - Provides balance, comfort, and an accessory mounting area.
- Locking Collar Latch System - Consists of two sealed pull pins which are pulled forward to release the neck collar and neck dam locking system. Even when the latches are released, the neck dam maintains a positive seal and will not allow the seal to be broken until the collar actually clears the commercial diver's shoulders, thus preventing any flooding of the commercial diver's helmet.
- Internal Adjustable Chin Strap - Supports, along with the adjustable neck pad on the locking collar gives the commercial diver a comfortable, secure fit.
- Adjustable Neck Pad - Made from a scuff resistant elastomer and, in conjunction with the swing catch, provides protection for the bottom of the commercial diving helmet.
- Neck Dam Swing Catch - Rotates out of the way to allow the neck dam assembly to be unsealed from the commercial diving helmet. This simplifies removal of the commercial diving helmet.
The SuperLite 27 Commercial Diving Helmet with Posts has been tested and conforms to the performance requirements as set forth in Annex II of Directive 89/686/EEC and, as far as applicable, the EN 250:2000, EN 250/A1:2006 and EN 15333-1:2008 (class B). It is fully CE marked with demand regulator SuperFlow® 350 and oral nasals P/N 510-690 and P/N 510-747.
- Weight: 27 lbs.
- Helmet shell: Fiberglass, polyester resin, polyester gel coat, and carbon fibers
- Control knobs: Polyurathane
- Lens: Clear polycarbonate
- Neck dam: Neoprene
- O-Rings: Buna-N
- Head cushion: Nylon bag filled with #4 Polyester foam
- Certifications: The commercial diver's helmet has been tested and conforms to the performance requirements as set forth in Annex II of Directive 89/686/EEC and as far as applicable, the EN250 (edition Jan 2000) and the E DIN 58 642 (edition Feb 1998). When the commercial diver's helmet is used for air diving in countries that conform to C.E. regulations it may be used to a maximum depth of 164fsw (50 msw). I.A.W. EN250.
- Recommended Lubricants: All commecial diving helmets and band masks are lubricated at the factory with Christo-Lube. Kirby Morgan DSI recommends Christo-Lube for all gas train components. Dow Corning 111 Silicone lubricant may also be used with gas mixtures less than 50% oxygen.
- SuperFlow® 350 Regulator: The Kirby Morgan SuperFlow® 350 regulator on the Kirby Morgan Superlite® 27 Commerial Diving Helmet offers high performance. The commercial diving regulator has been tested at Dive Lab at Panama City, Florida. It meets all current U.S. Navy and European commercial diving standards.
- Cage Code: The cage code for identifying Kirby Morgan DSI products for U.S. government purposes is 58366.
- CR Standards: These commercial diving helmets meet or exceed all standards established by Dive Lab of Panama City, Florida, and are CR (Commercially Rated) marked.
- CE Approved: The Kirby Morgan Superlite® 27 commercial diver's helmet is CE Approved.
- Temperature limitations: Use at water temperatures below 33° F (1°C) requires use of Hot Water Shroud (Part # 525-100) and hot water.
- Tool Kit with Pouch - Part # 525-060
- Manual SL-27 - Part # 100-027
- Logbook with Pen - Part # 125-001
- Helmet/Mask Bag - Part # 500-901
The Kirby Morgan Hot Water Shroud (Part # 525-100) in conjunction with hot water to the commercial diver should be used whenever commercial diving operations are conducted using HEO2 at water temperatures less than 60°F (15.56°C) for the comfort of the commercial diver. Kirby Morgan DSI further recommends that the hot water shroud be used in conjunction with hot water to the commercial diver whenever commercial diving operations are conducted using air or mixed gas, in waters colder than 36°F (2.22°C) to reduce the possibility of demand regulator icing.
Usually the greatest danger of demand regulator icing will be encountered on deck when the surrounding air temperature is less than 32°F (0°C). This effect is primarily due to the refrigeration effect of breathing air pressure reduction, and the addition of moisture from the commercial divers exhalation coming in contact with the topside air temperature.
If commercial diving where the water temperature is 36°F (2.22°C) or warmer but the topside air temperature is below freezing, (32°F (0°C) icing of the demand regulator is possible. To help eliminate the possibility of freezing on the surface, warm water should be run over the exterior of the demand regulator prior to water entry, if the hot water system is not used.
Only equipment certified and tested according to EN 250/E DIN 58 642 may be used with the Kirby Morgan Superlite® 27 commercial diver's helmet when conducting commercial diving operations in European EC compliant countries.
The umbilical assembly should be composed of good quality commercial diving hose that meets commercial diving industry standards. Generally, air gas hose will be married to the communications wire, pneumofathometer hose, and strength member in a manner that will allow the strength member to receive all the strain. There are also good quality umbilicals available that are assembled at the factory using a twisted method which does not require marrying. Regardless of the system used, the diver's umbilical is the commercial diver’s life line and should always be of excellent quality and maintained carefully.
The Kirby Morgan SuperLite® 27 Commercial Diving Helmet with Posts is the product of years of research and testing. The Kirby Morgan SuperLite® 27 design gives the commercial diver a reliable, and extremely comfortable commercial diving helmet. Constant research and monitoring of the industry's needs have helped Kirby Morgan DSI develop underwater products that make the commercial diver's job safer, easier and more productive. Following in this tradition of commercial diver helmet design is the fully tested Kirby Morgan SuperLite®-27 commercial diving helmet.
This Kirby Morgan SuperLite® 27 Commercial Diving Helmet has been tested and conforms to the performance requirements as set forth in Annex II of Directive 89/686/EEC and as far as applicable, the EN250 (edition Jan 2000) and the E DIN 58 642 (edition Feb 1998). When the Kirby Morgan SuperLite® 27 Commercial Dive Helmet is used for air diving in countries that conform to C.E. regulations it may be used to a maximum depth of 164fsw (50 msw). I.A.W. EN250.
The Kirby Morgan SuperFlow 350 diving regulator used on the Kirby Morgan SuperLite® 27 Commercial Diving Helmet provides outstanding performance to the commercial diver. This Kirby Morgan diving regulator features a commercial diver adjustable system so that the diving regulator can be "tuned" during the commercial dive according to the commercial diver's workload. This adjustment also allows the commercial diver to set the diving regulator as the supply pressure varies, which is especially important when the commercial diver is working with a low-pressure air compressor.
The Kirby Morgan Tri-Valve Exhaust System for the Kirby Morgan SuperLite® 27 Commercial Diving Helmet helps to keep the breathing system exceptionally dry under all conditions, without increasing the breathing resistance of the commercial diving helmet. In addition, the commercial diver's helmet is also equipped with a separate Kirby Morgan Water Dump valve which is mounted on the left side.
The Kirby Morgan SuperLite® 27 Commercial Diver's Helmet neck ring design allows for evenly distributed weighting of the commercial diving helmet. The chrome plated machined brass commercial diving helmet ring houses the latch catches and provides protection for the bottom end of the commercial diver's helmet. The commercial diver is also provided with an externally adjustable chin support. This support, along with the adjustable neck pad on the locking collar, gives the commercial diver a comfortable, secure, custom fit.
The Kirby Morgan SuperLite®27 is Commercially Rated™ and has been tested and certified to meet or exceed all requirements for all governing agencies. It is certified for use in all commercial diving operations world wide.
Warning: Before attempting any diving in any type of contaminated water, a complete commercial diving and topside course in hazardous materials emergencies should be completed. The commercial divers and the topside team must be properly trained and have the proper safety equipment. All commercial diving helmets and suits can leak water under certain conditions. Commercial divers should use extreme caution when diving in contaminated waters.
* Please reference the Accessories and Parts categories in the left hand column for all accessories and parts associated with the Kirby Morgan 37 Commercial Diving Helmet with Male Waterproof Connectors. Click on the SuperLite 27 and then the SuperLite 27 with Posts category and the Accessories and Parts categories will appear beneath it.
* For Questions on Kirby Morgan Helmet Retaining Systems, please refer to the bulletin in Attachments tab which contains more detailed information.
Brand Kirby Morgan Video N/A